Adventurous

Adventurous

Friday, June 8, 2012

I screech God

Funny things happen when you earnestly want to change your life!  Let me preface this blog by stating that I Positively Absolutely CANNOT sing!  My Father could SING, but apparently none of that was passed down to his offspring.  Noises come out but whether they are soothing and transcending to a blissful state are another story.  I've made it my mission to get up in the morning to praise and worship and then pray.  The first time I decided to sing I stopped after one sentence and said Oh GOD! I sound terrible! (says the girl who was in the CSUN gospel choir.  I was terrible then too, but I digress.)  Here I am trying to enter into his presence but the screeching sound coming out of my mouth is really hindering this process.  I said well Porscha God loves you and it doesn't matter what you sound like so just do your best.  It took me a little while to get used to the sound of my singing, but I've surpassed that obstacle.

Yesterday at bible study, praise and worship went ROGUE lol!  Okay so maybe Rogue isn't the correct word but it was definitely different, but in a beautiful way.  Instead of the usual back up singers and multiple musicians; we had One Praise Team member playing an acoustic guitar (an AWESOMELY TALENTED one), a percussionist, and our voices.  We gathered around in a circle and praised and worshiped.  With the absence of a full band and back up singers, our voices were the main instruments and again I say...I CANNOT sing.  At times our praise leader would drop out from the singing and the guitar would go silent and literally, our voices were the instruments of praise.

In my private time I don't care if I sound terrible because God loves it but now, everyone can hear me.  I know that if I throw myself off, it would only make sense that these poor unsuspecting people will be thrown off by my singing as well.  I had a decision to make.  I chose to sing, and to the best of my ability (lol) in order to praise God.  I refused to let the devil steal my praise and keep me from worshiping last night.  Sorry If I threw anyone off as I have thrown myself off many many a times lol.  But truth be told, the praise and worship last night was so sweet.  By the end of praise and worship all you could hear was our voices and our hearts.  True praise and worship is a matter of the heart.  Being able to praise and worship shouldn't be dependent upon whether we have a full house band, awesome singers, and the extra's.  It's a heart matter between us and God.  God makes us uncomfortable at times in order to grow us and I'm glad he's growing me. AMEN!

Kisses-P

No comments:

Post a Comment