Adventurous

Adventurous

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

The Beauty Process debunked:Beauty Secrets that work!



Today while I was driving to work I looked in the mirror and immediately I heard, "Get out of the mirror! You are fearfully and wonderfully made."  The only mirror you should be consumed with is mirroring Christ.

This morning I asked God to search my heart and show me my offensive ways.  I wasn't surprised to hear "Get out of the mirror!" I look in the mirror a lot! It was like I was depending on that mirror to tell me I was beautiful. #truth 

We (talking to myself) have these preconceived notions of what makes us beautiful but my challenge to myself and to you is to adopt God's perspective of what beautiful is.

Here are a few scriptures about how God looks at us.

Psalm 139:14
I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.

1 Peter 3:3-5    
 Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes.  Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God’s sight.  For this is the way the holy women of the past who put their hope in God used to make themselves beautiful. 

Proverbs 31:3 
Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised.

Isaiah 61:3
God said he would "bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair. They will be called oaks of righteousness, a planting of the Lord for the display of his splendor. 

1 Samuel 16:7
But the LORD said to Samuel, "Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The LORD does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart."

1Timothy 4:8
Physical exercise has some value, but spiritual exercise is much more important, for it promises a reward in both this life and the next.

God also called us to be good stewards over all that he has entrusted to us so taking care of your body is important.  Eating right is important.  Exercise is important but this is NOT where true beauty comes from. Wearing fine clothes and taking time to consider your outfit is not a sin.  Wearing make-up is not a sin.  Beauty regimens are not in and of themselves sinful, but anything that you put before God, anything you turn to before God, anything you think about more than God is an idol and idols are NOT of God.  Idols are a type of God meaning it's something that people turn to in place of God when they should actually be turning to the one and only true God.

Exodus 20:3 
"You shall have no other Gods before me."

Anything can be preverted and exalted above God.  Make sure that while you are grooming and primping yourself, you realize that your true beauty comes from your creator.  Cast everything, absolutely everything to God, not above him.

Homework
Each time you look in the mirror repeat one of the above scriptures. Every time I look in the mirror I am going to say "I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well."

I pray that this blog blesses you.
Kisses-P




5 comments:

  1. Don't be shy now :) I luv and appreciate all of your comments and feedback!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Porscha! I absolutely love the scriptures! Food for my soul. Sad to say but I got that mirror thang going on too! I might have to challenge myself not to look in the mirror while I'm driving for a whole week! Anyhow Sweetie, much love to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Lady!!! Haven't talked to you in so long! Glad I'm not the only one with that habit but I'm tearing down those lies and replacing them with what God said! Amen!

      Delete
  3. How wonderful it is to see you applying scriptures to your daily life. I will do the same. I love you my niece, keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete